This measure guide is needed to compensate for the extra time spent on applying odd sized / shaped surfaces and difficult working areas:
1. The size of a wall is calculated by measuring the base by the height. This includes the baseboards as well as moldings found near the top of the wall which are less than 10 cm in height.
2. All of the surface sizes less than 50 cm should be calculated as 100 cm.
3. All of the ‘empty’ surfaces, such as windows or doors, with a surface of less than 4 sq. mt. are calculated as plastered walls and therefore, should be measure in full.
4. Columns are calculated by measuring their actual surface area and multiplying by 1.5.
5. The size of ceilings should be multiplied by 1.2.